Note: Out of an abundance of caution we are limiting public access to the Water Resource Recovery facility. As a result we are discontinuing the availability of biosolids to the public. We appreciate your patience in this matter.
Biosolids are nutrient-rich organic materials removed from the wastewater treatment process and are treated so they can be applied as fertilizer or soil amendment.
Our District makes biosolids available free of charge to the public. The availability of free Class A biosolids are subject to various environmental factors. Please call us in advance to confirm if and when biosolids are available.
*Note you will need to bring your own container to transport our biosolids.
For more information on biosolids uses and safety, please visit the EPA’s website at www.epa.gov/biosolids/frequent-questions-about-biosolids.
Limited quantities of Class A biosolids are available on a first-come-first-served basis. For more information please call 805-967-4519
- This material is not to be used as a topsoil and it must be turned into your soil.
- It is not recommended for use with root vegetables
- Please bring your own small garbage bags or containers for transport, there is a shovel available for your convenience; we do not have any prepackaged amendment at this time.
- Pick up days/hours are M-TH 8-4, Friday 8-3
- Please make sure to check in at the administrative office during each of your visits - Thank you