We are currently conducting our Board meetings online. Members of the public can participate in the Board meetings in person at the District’s Administration building.
Rest assured we will continue our part to keep you and our environment safe through this crisis. However, there are some things you can do that will greatly help us meet our mission:
- Know What to Flush, The 3 Ps Resources are strained and supplies of toilet paper are low. Many people are using wipes, or other items instead of toilet paper. Even though many wipes claim to be flushable, they, and items like paper towels and bits of fabric can get stuck in your pipes and cause a sewer overflow, even into your house! If they make it through the pipes they can clog our treatment process machinery and can cause a lot of damage. If you use wipes, dispose of them in the trash. Only three things are safe to flush: pee, poo, and toilet paper (no paper towels!).
- Follow us on Facebook, facebook.com/goletasanitarydistrict/
- Visit our website regularly, www.goletasanitary.org
During this challenging time we hope that you are doing everything you can to protect yourself and your family by staying home, if you must go out practice physical distancing (6 feet minimum), wear a mask in public, wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, and disinfect frequently-touched surfaces often.
For more information about the novel coronavirus please visit the following links:
- Centers for Disease Control https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/water.html
- Santa Barbara County Public Health Department https://publichealthsbc.org
- City of Goleta cityofgoleta.org/projects-programs/emergency- preparedness/covid-19
- World Health Organization https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
On behalf of the Goleta Sanitary District we thank you for helping us protect public health and the environment!