Bio-Solids are nutrient-rich organic materials removed from the wastewater treatment process and are treated so they can be applied as fertilizer or soil amendment.
Our District makes bio-solids available free of charge to the public. The availability of free Class A bio-solids are subject to various environmental factors. Please call us in advance to confirm if and when bio-solids are available.
*Note you will need to bring your own container to transport our bio-solids.
For more information on bio-solids uses and safety, please visit the EPA’s website at www.epa.gov/biosolids/frequent-questions-about-biosolids.
Limited quantities of Class A biosolids are available on a first-come-first-served basis. For more information please call 805-967-4519
- This material is not to be used as a topsoil and it must be turned into your soil.
- It is not recommended for use with root vegetables
- Please bring your own small garbage bags or containers for transport, there is a shovel available for your convenience; we do not have any prepackaged amendment at this time.
- Pick up days/hours are M-TH 8-4, Friday 8-3
- Please make sure to check in at the administrative office during each of your visits - Thank you